Scott Simmons was born in rural West Tennessee and didn't really realize that movies and television had to be made by actual people until he went to college. After getting degrees in both Television Production and Graphic Design he was in one of the early graduating classes at the Watkins Film School in Nashville, Tennessee. During that time at Watkins he discovered editing. While most of his classmates in film school wanted to be directors, Scott saw real career opportunities in post-production and took a job as an assistant editor after completing film school. Not long after that he became a freelance editor. With nearly 20 years of experience in all areas of post-production Scott has worked both as a freelancer and on staff at a post-house. He has edited a diverse number of projects ranging from music videos, to live concert productions, to commercials, to documentaries and everything in between. When not working in the edit suite Scott teaches other about editing and writes about post-production at The Editblog on ProVideoCoalition.com, a blog which he has published for over 10 years.
- Multi-Camera from Production to Post
- Wednesday, October 16 • 12:45 PM - 2:00 PM
- In-Depth: Editing and Mixing Audio in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Thursday, October 17 • 8:30 AM - 11:15 AM
- DaVinci Resolve for Editors- What Editors Need to Know When Considering "The Switch"
- Thursday, October 17 • 2:15 PM - 3:30 PM